Thursday, August 16, 2012

Fanboi

Yesterday we had a holiday here so we could all go to the local agricultural show. I hope they didn't miss me... instead I stayed home and watched all three of the Lord of the Rings movies. They are so good, there's barely a mis-step in the whole 9 hours. I know he deviated from the books, but it was almost always for a good reason to fit the movie genre. If I had Liv Tyler in a movie I'd make up lots of extra reasons to show her as well. The reason I had to watch the movies is that I'm currently reading the books, and I wanted to remind myself of what the movies did to the story. And the reason I'm reading the books is because I've been playing Lord of the Rings: The Card Game, and I wanted to see what role the minor characters in the book played in the game. And of course I've also recently played Lord of the Rings: The Confrontation and Lord of the Rings: Friends and Foes. And of course I've been doing that because I'm an unashamed and irredeemable fanboi.

2 comments:

Betty Dingus said...

This is how we do it here:

http://drafthouse.com/movies/lord_of_the_rings_trilogy_hobbit_feast

Friendless said...

Well that's much better organised than I was! This year on that holiday there is all day gaming at Critical Mass, so I won't be able to do something awesomely stupid like an A Game of Thrones marathon.