Thursday, October 12, 2006

Two Player Games

Long-time readers of this blog will know that I occasionally foist my personal life upon you. In fact, some of my family and friends read it simply because I don't otherwise tell them anything about what's happening. So for that purpose, I'd like to introduce you to the latest character in my game, Scrabblette. Let's clear up any confusion - Scrabblette is NOT my Chinese Lost Cities partner. Scrabblette is so-named because her English language skills exceed mine, and playing Scrabble against her is an intimidating prospect. But I'm quite an adventurous guy...

Scrabblette is in training to become my Tichu partner. Yes, it's that serious. CyberKev's plan to turn my love life to his own ends is progressing well. In the interests of understanding Tichu when we do get to play it, we have played Gang of Four and The Great Dalmuti. Tichu is a little more complicated than either of those, but that gives it the depth that makes it a great game. I would like to play Frank's Zoo as well, but we haven't had a chance yet.

So, things are progressing well. Stay tuned.

No comments: