Friday, March 30, 2007

They Have Some Really Good German Games In Germany (Part 5 of 5)

Rolit - this is a 4 player version of Othello. I'd like to see how that works. Othello is one of those games I like to understand the theory of, but couldn't be bothered playing in practice.

SeaSim - a two player game about... ah, who cares what it's about, theme is for Ameritrashers. It sounds like the Lotka-Volterra equations turned into a game, and we all know that's a good thing.

Schwarzarbeit - A Friedemann Friese and Andrea Meyer game about moonlighting. It's a deduction game. Friedemann and deduction is worth trying.

Schildkroetenrennen - What does this translate to, anyway? Shield creature race? It's a kids' game but I'd like to try it out anyway.

San Ta Si - This is a weirdo game that looks like someone's collection of lipstick tubes. It's described as spatial hide-and-seek, and it's by Jacques Zeimet, the Bamboleo and Hamsterrolle guy, so it's worth investigating.

Weißt du eigentlich, wie lieb ich dich hab? - This is the game of the book "Guess How Much I Love You". If you don't have kids of your own you'll never understand this book, but if you do have kids you'll love it. Unless they've grown to the "I could strangle the brat" stage, in which case you might have forgotten. When I order it I'll have to get copies for both of my sisters as well.

Zatre - This is some sort of Scrabble for numbers. That description alone is enough to make me buy it.

Zoodiak - A game about recreating constellation patterns. Isn't it great how we can buy games about all the things we normally don't care about?

This is the last article in this series. When I get myself organised to acquire some of these games I'll post my findings.

No comments: