Tuesday, August 01, 2006

July in Review

Well, what a good month of gaming has just been completed! I recorded 83 plays, again my second-highest total ever. Nacht der Magier was 10 of those because it is such a cool game and I only bought it at the beginning of the month. There were also the many many games played at ConVic4 early in the month. It looks like I won't be writing any more reviews from there, it was all too long ago.

Apart from ConVic4 and my gaming birthday party, gaming highlights of the month were:
* two Tuesday night gaming sessions with my sister and her kids. I am trying to make a new tradition of playing games with the kids on Tuesday nights.
* first play of Cleopatra and the Society of Architects at BookRealm
* the game of Mystery of the Abbey at GWAN
* my solo play of Runebound 2e with the Scepter of Kyros expansion where you have to fight a horde of giants
* new games acquired including Hive, I'm The Boss, Hare and Tortoise, Saboteur, Cleopatra, Xactika, China, Balloon Cup...
* my first ever trade - I sent Alhambra to Lindsay Scholle and he sent me Escape From Atlantis which at least has a chance of being played.

Also, what does this mean? I'm not sure yet.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I managed 128 plays, my second-highest ever (January was 132). I credit that number to a couple dozen play-by-web games.

Thanks to your stats program, I know how many new nickels and dimes I have. Very useful, thumbs way up!

Friendless said...

Oh, play by web! Well, there's no way I will be able to compete with you in the total number of games played. I spend enough time sitting at the computer at work and writing email to organise my social life without playing games on-line as well.

Fraser said...

Hmmm a whole swag of two player games? Either the boy has become a fan of Lost Cities or something else...