Monday, February 19, 2007

By The Time You Read This, I May Be Dead

Dear Fellow Gamers,

By the time you read this I may be dead. I fear that someone is planning to take my life. I fear that someone is Scrabblette.

We played St Petersburg earlier this evening - Scrabblette, the kid, and I. In the last week Scrabblette has defeated me at Taj Mahal and Ingenious, whilst I have defeated her at Mystery of the Abbey, Goa and Blokus Duo. She also won Techno Witches when we played against sister and BIL. You'd think she'd won her fair share of games. Apparently not. I am now accused of playing a game once and moving on to something else just when she's learned the strategy, and I have been threatened with all manner of gruesome deaths.

I think she's still annoyed about Settlers where I took the Longest Road card from her the turn before she was going to win. Certainly she was annoyed at the time. But then she may also be annoyed about Mystery of the Abbey where I accused the right monk with a 1 in 3 guess when she'd correctly deduced him. I was called a "robber", "thief", "pirate", "pilferer" and "pickpocket" for that one.

Tonight after my glorious victory 129 to 79 to 51, she has gone one step further. I don't know how she's going to do it. Tomorrow morning you may find my head on one set of railway tracks and my knees in the other. Next week you may find me starved to death in the shower cubicle after it has been sealed with masking tape. Or, she may just eat me alive. I don't know how it will happen.

I'd like to leave my Tichu decks to CyberKev, Hamsterrolle to Mikey Hayes and C&C Ancients to Ozvortex. My Settlers 3D chest should be auctioned to raise geekgold for newbies in Africa, and Ryan Walberg can have his choice of my Knizias as a token of my esteem. It's been nice gaming with you all.

I love youse guys. :cry:

8 comments:

Yehuda Berlinger said...

Don't do that. I still remember your post about getting divorced, and I thought you were serious.

:shake:

Yehuda

ekted said...

Hang in there, John. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks, John! Can I have your well-loved copy of Gold Digger?

Ozvortex said...

I fondly remember our games of C&C:Ancients. Sigh, now I'll have to find another opponent. You will be missed...
;)

Friendless said...

I'm still here. I don't know what she's planning.

Friendless said...

Hey, I don't HAVE Gold Digger. Maybe I should get it while there's still time.

mikey said...

Die you useless bastard. I want my hamsterrolle.And ozvortex, we can always play C&C ancients together. We both live on the northside and have two young children. Actually, maybe the last point is not so good for regular gaming.

Friendless said...

Yehuda, just to calm your nerves you might note that I bought a "Plays Games With Lover" geekbadge yesterday. But I wonder if there's a "Loses Deliberately For Sex" geekbadge?