Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Lust

There are a number of new games out and about that I'd like to comment on.

Caylus Magna Carta - Rick Thornquist reviewed this and it sounds like a streamlined card game version of Caylus. What good news that is! I may be tempted to play it.

Tannhäuser - I don't know what appeals to me about this game, I think it's the grim theme and excellent artwork. It may be something like Doom: the Board Game but without the ripped-off Space Hulk mechanics. I don't really like war theme, but when you add demons to it that changes everything. Check out the publisher's promo material.

Die Kutschfahrt zur Teufelsburg - this was reviewed on boardgamenews.com. The review explains the game well and I want it pretty badly now. Oops, looks like BGN has gone and exceeded its CPU quota again.

Thurn & Taxis: For Power & Glory - this is an expansion to Thurn & Taxis which is a game I like to look at but don't much want to play. The map on the expansion looks just as pretty as the original. Do I buy it just to look at?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was also interested in Caylus Magna Carta; I found the original game too long and dry, and liked how San Juan took a twist on Puerto Rico. However, Rick's report said the game was 75 minutes long, didn't it? That's too long for a card game... think of The Settlers of Catan Card Game.